Despite the fact that the creation of the museum was first proposed last century, it finally opened only in 2010 – and has since continued to expand, adding new exhibits and funds.
The museum is located in a historic building, which was built in 1902 as a wedding gift to Valentina Gadzinova, the wife of the founder of the real school Vasily Hyatsintov. This building also was used as a library and historical archive. On the second floor there are 10 halls with a total exhibition area of 300 square meters. In the future, the museum management plans to open new halls.
The museum’s collections include many works by Ukrainian painters of the 20th century, but the undoubted pearls are the works of Kuindzhi himself and the expositions dedicated to him. In three halls there are photos, documents, letters telling about the life and work of the artist. In others – life-size copies of paintings by the famous painter and several originals: a sketch of “Red West”, sketches of “Autumn.Crimea” and “Elbrus”.
In total, the museum has 650 paintings and 960 graphic works, as well as 150 sculptures and more than 300 works of decorative arts.
Working hours: 9:00 – 17:00.
Address: Mariupol, Georgievskaya str., 58